Thursday 5 August 2010

More Excellent Reviews!

It felt like good Karma when ...

After an awful day yesterday, with my MG breaking down again and four hours of waiting to be towed home by the AA, I went out with my partner David for a much needed steak dinner and a bottle (or 2) of wine.  When I arrived home I did my usual email check - and found much to my surprise this wonderful link to a review by Jan Edwards of Killing Kiss.

Killing Kiss Review 
 
It really cheered me up to see a review that showed such good understanding of everything I tried to do in the book when I wrote it in 2006.

Not only that - but I was told the review was going onto amazon also and so I went and had a quick look there to see if it was up yet. And much to my surprise discovered these reviews by Demonica. Demonica had, I discovered, been reluctant to read Killing Kiss as generally she doesn't like vampire novels. Once she had started it, however, she discovered Killing Kiss was different. She also took the trouble to read Futile Flame and she'd LOVED them both.

Writing is a solitary pursuit, often with very little reward, but it makes it all the more worthwhile when your efforts are appreciated.

Futile Flame has been shortlisted for the British Fantasy Society, August Derlerth Award for Best Novel - voting ended on 31st July and I won't know the outcome until September 19th at FantasyCon in Nottingham, but whatever happens I will always remember that those who have read my work so far have often appreciated it. And if I don't win - I'm really routing for Conrad Williams and his fabulous post-apocalyptic novel One.

Thank you for the reviews guys! And thank you for continuing to tune in - I hope Demon Dance thrills and excites you even more!

Also - watch this space for my new anthology - announcements to be made soon!

Love,
Sam x

No comments: