Award winning author Sam Stone began writing aged 11 after reading her first adult fiction book, The Collector by John Fowles. Her love of horror fiction began soon afterwards when she stayed up late one night with her sister to watch Christopher Lee in the classic Hammer film, Dracula. Since then she’s been a huge fan of vampire movies and novels old and new.
Sam's writing has appeared in nine anthologies for poetry and prose. Her first novel was the fulfilment of a lifelong dream. Like all good authors she drew on her own knowledge and passions to write it. The novel won the Silver Award for Best Horror Novel in ForeWord Magazine's book of the year awards in 2007.
In September 2008 the novel was re-edited and republished by The House of Murky Depths as Killing Kiss. The sequels, Futile Flame and Demon Dance went on to become finalists in the same awards for 2009/2010. Both novels were later Shortlisted for The British Fantasy Society Awards for Best Novel and Demon Dance won the award for Best Novel in 2011. Sam also won Best Short Fiction for her story Fool’s Gold which first appeared in the NewCon Press Anthology The Bitten Word.
An eclectic and skilled prose writer Sam also has a BA (Hons) in English and Writing for Performance and an MA in Creative Writing, which means that she is frequently invited to talk about writing in schools, colleges and universities in the UK. She is said to be an ‘inspirational’ speaker.
- Killing Kiss: Book 1 The Vampire Gene (The House of Murky Depths – Sept 2008)
- Futile Flame: Book 2 The Vampire Gene (The House of Murky Depths – July 2009)
- Demon Dance: Book 3 The Vampire Gene (The House of Murky Depths – Sept 2010)
- Hateful Heart: A Vampire Gene Novel (The House of Murky Depths – Sept 2011)
- Silent Sand: A Vampire Gene Novel (The House of Murky Depths – Sept 2012 TBC)
Novels in Translation
- KillerKuss(Killing Kiss) (Verlag Bucheinband Ines Neumann, 2013, TBA)
- The Darkness Within, (AudioGo - Oct 2013)
- Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings (AudioGo – Oct 2012)
- The Darkness Within, (AudioGo - Oct 2013) Ebook
- Kat on a Hot Tin Airshiip, (Telos Publishing - Sept 2013)
- Zombies At Tiffany's (Telos Publishing – Sept 2012)
- Zombies in New York and Other Bloody Jottings (Telos Publishing – Feb 2011)
- In Lust, (Ebook Only) Poetry Collection 2013.
- The Last Resort, (Short Fiction Contribution) Fear the Reaper, (Crystal Lake Publishing, 2013, TBA)
- Urban Wolf, ¬(Short Fiction Contribution) Demonalogia Biblica, Western Legends Publishing, Mar 2013, TBA
- Imogen, (Short Fiction Contribution) Best British Fantasy 2013, (Salt Publishing - April 2013)
- Fall Out, (Short Fiction Contribution) Atomic Age Cthulhu: Terrifying Tales of the Mythos Menace ( Chaosium, 2013 TBA)
- The Puppet Master, (Short Fiction Contribution) Edge of Sundown, (Chaosium - 2013 TBA)
- Sonar City, (Short fiction Contribution) Eldritch Chrome (Chaosium, Winter 2012-Spring 2013 TBA)
- Imogen, (Short Fiction Contribution) Siblings Collection (Hersham Horror, Sept 2012)
- Chillers and Breathers, (Short Fiction Contribution) The Hammer Out Book of Ghosts (Fantom Films – January 2012)
- Immortal Monster, (Short Fiction Contribution) The Hammer Out Book of Ghosts (Fantom Films – January 2012)
- The Toymaker’s House (Short Fiction Contribution) Full Fathom Forty (British Fantasy Society – September 2011)
- Walking the Dead (Short Fiction Contribution) BFS Journal Spring 2011 (British Fantasy Society – March 2011)
- Fool’s Gold (Short Fiction Contribution) The Bitten Word (NewCon Press – March 2010)
- Editor - Byte Me By Roberta Steele (Telos Moonrise - September 2013)
- Absinthe & Arsenic by Raven Dane (Telos Moonrise - September 2013)
- Editor – talespinning by David J Howe (Telos Publishing – September 2011)
- Editor – Dark Horizons, BFS Journal Winter 2010 (British Fantasy Society – December 2010)
- Editor – Rules of Duel by Graham Masterton with William S Burroughs (Telos Publishing – July 2010)
- Editor – Hines Sight (The Autobiography Of One Of Britain’s Favourite Sons) by Frazer Hines (December 2009)