Tuesday 7 October 2014

THIS IS ME - RISA HALL

Guest blogger Risa Hall tells us about her extensive career in the music industry.

This is me:  My name is Risa Hall and I am a singer-songwriter from New York who settled in Manchester in the 80's after moving here from New York.  
I was already a working professional actor when I came to England and was in the Broadway cast of Grease as well as the National Tour of Cat on a Hot Tin Roof amongst other plays.  
For a few years I did a range of voice overs for TV, film and radio.  
But since the age of 5, all I've ever wanted to do was to write songs and sing and, after hearing Nerina Pallot, KT Tunstall and Sheila Nicholls, I decided to pick up the guitar in 2006 and give it a go.  
After trying out some original tunes at Open Mic Nights, I sent a bedroom demo to David Agnew,
who runs the wonderful Arts Centre, The Met, in Bury.  He must have heard potential in me as I was then booked to play as the supporting artist to James Apollo.  I have since supported Nerina Pallot, Alice Gold, Jess Klein, Justin Lavash and others as well as headlining the Met and other venues.  
I was the most asked for guest on BBC Radio Manchester's 'Andy Crane Show' and appeared about 14 times. I have done also been invited onto BBC Radio Lancashire, BBC Manchester, Merseyside, Cornwall and Nottingham. 
My album, Glass Half?... was produced by Thea Gilmore's husband, Nigel Stonier and received 5 star reviews where it was called 'dynamic from start to finish' (Fatea Magazine). 
My latest release (EP) is called New York Nights and reviewers are already saying it is 'an outstanding piece of music-brilliantly sung, played and produced'. 
You can download Glass Half?... and New York Nights via my website www.risahall.com  as well as find out about all my latest gigs, sign up for news and see the latest photos.  
I am also on Facebook as www.facebook.com/risahall and on Twitter as @risahall.  
Please send me a message as I'd love to hear from everyone.  Sign up to my mailing list and find out where I'll be! 

Have a listen to the title track! If you like what you hear then let me know.

Looking forward to hearing from you ...

2 comments:

Tiki Black said...

You're a gem, Risa. Nice one Sam. Thank you both for sharing.

Unknown said...

Great to find out a bit more about you and your music Risa. Great blog Sam, many thanks, Vernon