Sunday 22 January 2012

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA)

I have recently discovered yet another case of pirating of my books. This time 'Futile Flame' but thanks to the network of writer Jacqueline George I discovered the infringement and the way to deal with it.

It seems there is a law now The Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) which allows the author to post a legal document that serves notice to the website and they have to remove the content immediately.

The guilty party this time was www.ebookr.com but they are upfront about the DMCA and thanks to erotic romance author Cari Silverwood, who provided me with the template of the DMCA to help me remove my books from the site, I now know how to go about this. I have therefore submitted the DMCA to Ebookr and I am expecting the books to be removed immediately.

If you are an author and have found your works illegally on any site then you can email me for the template and I'll point you in the right direction.

Email sam@sam-stone.com

No comments: